She, the Foodie, isn’t really a foodie. But “Foodie and the Beast” just sounds so cool! At least the Beast is really a beast: he eats anything and hates getting wet.
She’s more interested in the history of food than she is in cooking dinner seven nights a week. He’s more interested in just eating dinner than in talking about what she should cook for dinner the night before dinner will even be served.
She worked at an Italian restaurant for ten years, and was lucky enough to live in Italy for one of those years. Now she works at a magazine where she writes about food and other things too. Together, they lived in Newfoundland for six months with big plans to “get things done.” Mostly though, they just ate, and made good friends.
This blog records their reviews of both dinners out and dinners at home. What happens when you eat dinner though, is that you end up talking about any number of things. Pretty much everything happens, and has happened, around the dinner table. So this blog also records some of that lovely stuff too.
Oh, and she has a bad case of ASS (Attention-Starved Syndrome.) Here are the videos, in no particular order, to prove it.
- At Maclean’s, sitting down with writer Anne Kingston and talking about females who dine alone.
- At Maclean’s with author A.J. Jacobs, working out in the office.
- At Maclean’s, reporting on Doggy High Tea at the King Eddie, in honour of the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee.
- At Maclean’s, polling colleagues about memories of strawberry shortcake.
- At Maclean’s, drinking beers from Dogfish Head brewery.
- At TIFF 2011, asking celebrities what their favourite sports movie is.
- At TIFF 2011, on the red carpet of Ralph Fiennes’ Coriolanus.
- At TIFF 2011, making cocktails at the Grey Goose Soho House.
- Making beans on toast with Matty Matheson from Parts & Labour and Giovanna Alonzi from Terroni.
- Teaching university kids how to cook some stuff.
- Talking with the duo behind the U.K. children’s stage show, Potted Potter.
- Test-driving a driverless car for a Maclean’s story.
- Previewing the talent of Top Chef Canada, season one.
- Grocery shopping with Mark Bittman.
- All of the Maclean’s TIFF 2012 videos from the red carpet (Rachel McAdams, Dustin Hoffman, Robert De Niro, Kristen Wiig, Kirsten Dunst, Kristen Stewart, David O. Russell, Chris Tucker, and more!)